Paws for Tales 5K Run/Walk
Join us for the Naperville Area Humane Society’s first Paws for Tales 5K Run/Walk! Paws for Tales is an animal assisted reading program that provides schools with certified volunteer-dog team visits, which help children of all ages to feel more comfortable by reading aloud to a dog in a non-judgmental, supportive environment.
Saturday, September 16, 2017
8 a.m. – Noon
- 5K dog- and kid-friendly run/walk
- Run/walk starts at 9:30 a.m.
- Location: Springbrook Prairie Forest Preserve, 83rd Street trailhead, Naperville, IL
- Cost: Adults – $20 ($25 on race day); ages 7-14 – $10 ($15); ages 6 and below – Free!
- VIP registration: $40 – priority packet pickup, complimentary gear check, reserved parking and a NAHS drawstring bag. Limited availability. Additional cost goes directly to the Paws for Tales program
- All registrants 7 and older receive an event t-shirt. Children 6 and under are welcome to have a t-shirt for a small fee.
- This is an untimed event welcoming animal lovers and athletes of all experience levels.
- Event will take place rain or shine!
- Race day registration will be available from 8 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- All event registration packets can be picked up on event day at the registration table.
- All dogs must be leashed (please use a 6' standard leash-no retractable leashes, prong or choke collars)
- Parking is available on the north side of 83rd St. 0.7 miles east of Route 59 and 0.5 miles west of Book Rd. Additional parking is available on the west side of Plainfield/Naperville Rd. between 75th and 87th St.
All funds raised by participants in the run/walk go directly towards the Paws for Tales program and expanding the opportunities for additional volunteer-dog teams to visit schools and help children develop their reading skills.
- Fundraise as an individual or start a team
- Top individual and team fundraisers win prizes